The minor in visual art encourages you to explore and develop your technical skills, as well as your perceptions of contemporary and historical visual culture.
The minor is suitable for students in a major or honours program with a specialization other than visual art. It allows students to complement their primary studies with the study and practice of visual art and art history.
The minor in visual art requires the completion of 39 credits (13 courses):
- 9 credits of VISA 110, VISA 180, and VISA 183, with a cumulative average of at least 72%; in special circumstances VISA 110 may be taken as a co-requisite with select 200-level VISA courses
- 6 credits of 100- or 200-level ARTH
- 6 credits of 200-level VISA, including no more than 3 credits from VISA 240 or 241, with a cumulative average of at least 72%
- 6 credits of 300- or 400-level ARTH
- 12 credits of 300- or 400-level VISA studios
Declare the Minor
Registration in Upper-Level VISA Courses
Registration in 300/400-level VISA courses is restricted to VISA majors. VISA minors must submit their registration requests (including course number and section number) to the undergraduate advisor. After all VISA majors have had the opportunity to self-register, VISA minors will be registered by the undergraduate advisor in any remaining spaces.
Due to the very high demand for 300- and 400-level VISA courses by majors, be aware that as a VISA minor, you may not get a seat in your preferred courses. Declaration of the VISA minor does not guarantee registration in courses.