Orange Shirt Day | National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
AHVA maintains strong connections with artists, critics, curators, and art historians locally and internationally, through invited lectures, symposia, and events. We are also proud to share the accomplishments of our students, faculty, and alumni through regular news items published on the website.
Events and programs supporting the community include:
- Departmental and student-led initiatives, including a number of lectures by international and Canadian artists, critics, curators, and scholars as part of the Joan Carlisle-Irving Lecture Series and the BC Binning Endowment
- Exhibitions, programs, and annual lectures hosted and curated by both the Morris and Helen Belkin Art Gallery and the AHVA Art Gallery
- The Art History, Visual Art and Theory Graduate Symposium involving an exhibition curated by graduate students in the department featuring artworks by MFA students from around the globe
- An exhibition program featuring work by MFA students
- Open Studios events and interdepartmental critiques several times a year