Undergraduate FAQs

Undergraduate Admissions – General

If you completed AP or IB courses in high school and obtained a high enough grade, you might be eligible for first-year credit.

To see potential Advanced Placement (AP) credit transfers in all subjects visit UBC's admissions/advanced placement page.

To see potential International Baccalaureate (IB) credit transfers in all subjects visit UBC's admissions/international-baccalaureate page.

Obtaining credit for 100-level VISA might allow you to "skip" course requirements or apply for select 200-level courses. Email the Undergraduate Advisor, Greg Gibson, with your student number to discuss your options and how credit would be applied toward a VISA Major/Minor/Honours.

First year:  See Admissions for information.

Continuing UBC students: See Advising for information on declaring a VISA Major, Minor or Honours.

Transfer Students:

See Admissions for information.

Admissions to UBC is governed by UBC Enrolment Services, Admissions. This office oversees all undergraduate applications to the university, including deadlines, tuition, and general application requirements. For more information visit UBC's prospective students page.

If needed, you can contact UBC Enrolment Services, Admissions, for further information before applying online:

UBC Enrolment Services
2016 – 1874 East Mall
Vancouver, BC, Canada
V6T 1Z1
1-877-272-1422 (toll free)

If you are an international student, our International Student Recruitment office is there to support you through the application process. Seek further information or contact them at UBC's international student guide.

Undergraduate Admissions – Transfer Students

Yes, transfer students need to submit additional application materials directly to the Department of Art History, Visual Art and Theory. You can find details on this process here.

If you’re interested in seeing how your courses might transfer to UBC Vancouver, you can look at the online course transfer guide for British Columbia.

If you have particular credit questions regarding Visual Art or Art History courses, you can contact the undergraduate advisor, Greg Gibson.


Every student must apply to graduate online via the Student Service Centre (SSC). You can apply to graduate while you are still taking courses. Arts Academic Advising will note your CIPs (Courses in Progress) and check to see if you have passed at the end of term.

If you have questions about your Degree Navigator and Visual Art/Art History requirements, you can contact the Undergraduate Advisor, Greg Gibson.

For general information about graduation see UBC's graduation page and UBC Student Service's graduation page.